Sunday, December 27, 2009

new journey.

i would love to know how to sew. i could make beautiful things if i could sew. beautiful aprons, handbags, blankets, tablecloths, curtains, clothing for my children, all kinds of accessories... the list could go on and on. things prettier than anything you can buy at a store. or at least i wouldn't want to when i look at the price tag. i've seen some gorgeous fabrics out there that i would love to use. fabrics with beautiful prints, different textures, and tons of personality.

currently, i can sew straight lines and make simple things like pillows and napkins, but i don't feel like i really know how to sew. so, i have decided to embark on a journey... to teach myself how to sew. i will start with easy projects and try to work up to more difficult ones. i will write about my experiences and photograph my efforts. i will show you both my works of art and my mess-ups. i will use patterns and sewing books as guides, and of course share all of that, too. my plan is to work on one project each week, but that can quickly change as i see what i am getting myself into. i hear that my seam ripper will be my best friend... let's hope not.

for any of you interested, i would LOVE some company in my journey. if you'd like to join me, you can sew along with me, and we can share thoughts, photos, project ideas, and more. it would be so much fun! contact me at dwarshak(at)gmail.com

1 comment: